Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Changing Seasons

During my 2 year long-distance relationship with my husband, we had numerous holidays traveling back and forth between Sweden and Australia.

I thought I'd share a few of the photos that I've captured during this time that show how seasonal my new life is. Before, life used to comprise of 2 seasons - hot vs cold (or wet vs dry). I never had to worry about seasonal planting in my Aussie garden, because there was always something that would grow. Now, it's as though everything bursts into life in the first weeks of spring.

These photos are all of the park near where I'm living. I love walking through here on the way to the shops, train or work.


 Winter is beautiful.


 The snow starts to melt.


It's a little wet and muddy after the snow.


 
 The grass starts to grow.


 The first flowers start to bloom.


The grass and leaves become more lush.





And there's a few beautiful flower photos that line the path - the same path that is shown up the top in the first winter photo, along the left side of the path where you can only see hedge.

As I write, the summer is ending and the days are getting colder and quite wet. I've been told by some Swedish colleagues that this winter will be a cold one, because we had the warmest summer seen in a few years. I love the snow, but I've never lived in 6 months of darkness.. so we'll see how it goes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.